Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Lightning-fast Chinese for Kids and Families

Perhaps your remember how much C loves learning other languages. So far, we've gone through Greek, Spanish, and Urdu, with a little French thrown in. C then decides he wants to learn Chinese. What is he thinking? Chinese is so hard!
But I soon discovered that learning Chinese could be simple with Lightning-Fast Chinese for Kids and Families by Carolyn Woods. Lightning-Fast is a program that immerses you in a language as you go about your day.
I do have to admit that I was a bit skeptical about learning Chinese from a book. But when I opened to the first page, I was delighted! Carolyn has written out the pronunciations for each letter phonetically. It reminds me of the years I took voice and my teacher would write out the sounds of the Italian and German letters. The only thing I found difficult was the tones as I had nothing to compare them to. C wanted to go straight to the section title "My toys." He was very excited to learn the phrase zhao huo che, which means the train--something he loves very much. I'm sure he'd also enjoy the section titled "Want to play?" W is not into languages that much, so she wasn't hanging around us as we read the book. If you want to learn Chinese or teach it to your child, Lightning-Fast Chinese for Kids and Families can be found on Amazon.com. You can also find other language books by Carolyn Woods:
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Italian
  • German
  • Japanese
Carolyn has also offered a copy of Lightning-Fast Chinese for Kids and Families to one lucky reader of Let's Go on a Picnic! Please enter below on the Rafflecopter. This giveaway is help being promoted by the following bloggers:

Dominique's Desk

Gustosa Giveaways

Hot Fun Stuffs

Momma Charms

Free is for Me

MoneySavingGirl

SaraLee's Deals Steals & Giveaways

Mark.ChicBoutique

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received this product through the Business 2 Blogger program. All opinions are my own.






2 comments:

Thanks for visiting