When she saw the door of the classroom, she had a loving smile, I know she is very happy and excited. She entered the room and seated at the vacant seat. I know it is a little hard for her because she is learning an additional language and all words are new to her. (She currently speaks English - her first language- Tagalog, Japanese and now Portuguese). (My daughter is a mixed blood - I am Filipino and my husband is Brazilian-Japanese).
I left the room and stay outside the room for about 20 minutes, thinking in case my daughter cry I am just outside, the teacher will easily find me. After 20 minutes, I don't hear someone's crying I decided to go home.
I picked her up and talked to the teachers about how's my daughter on the first day of class. They said she is very nice and did not cry at all. When I told her, we have to go home, she said she doesn't want to go home. She wants to stay and play on the corner. (The classroom has a small corner where children playing while waiting for their mom's.) The teacher told her to bring home the toy and return tomorrow morning, that change her mind and decided to come with me. I taught everything is fine, but when time to say bye-bye to everyone, she again changed her mind, she is pulling me not to go near the door, so I decided to carry her. Outside the room, she started crying. She said she want to go back. I have no choice but to call my husband and told him to talk our daughter. She stop crying and went home.
At home, she said she is tired and sleepy, but she will eat first before taking a nap.
I am considering the idea of school service, so there will be no more talking and explanations why she has to go home.
Gustosa, I have a new giveaway on my page and I would love if you would join :)
ReplyDelete